The days are getting shorter, the temperatures are dropping and your wardrobe is going to need an update.
On top of all this, you have a million other things to do. That’s why we've put together a list of hacks that will make your life so much easier. From how to deal with chunky knits to how to style your hair for autumn, we'll help you get ready for the season ahead.
How to deal with chunky knits in the fall
The best way to style a chunky knit sweater is to pair it with other clothing items that have a similar silhouette. This helps in creating a cohesive outfit, which makes the outfit look more pulled together.
You can wear a chunky knit sweater with anything from jeans and boots to trousers and flats, so it’s great for this season.
How To Dress Up Your Chunky Knit Sweater with A Scarf and Boots
There are a few easy ways in which you can dress up your chunky knit sweater this season! One of the best things you can do is to wear it with a scarf and boots.
1) You can tie the scarf around your neck like an infinity scarf and it will cover up any visible skin.
2) You can wrap the scarf around your neck like a shawl and then wear the remaining fabric overtop.
3) You can drape the scarf over one shoulder and wear the remaining fabric off one shoulder as well.
How To Layer A Chunky Sweater With A Blazer or Cardigan For Women
A wool or cashmere sweater is a perfect, chic winter outer layer. Pair it with a blazer or cardigan to instantly dress up your look and make the outfit more versatile.
For example, a chunky cable knit sweater is great to wear over a cowl-neck cardigan for extra warmth and coziness. It can also be layered over jeans and boots for a cool, edgy look.
The top 5 pieces every woman needs in her fall wardrobe
A wardrobe for fall should include a few key staples, like an oversized cardigan sweater, a cozy puffer jacket and the perfect pair of jeans. Most importantly, it should be made up of a few versatile pieces that can be mixed and matched with different pieces to create completely new outfits.
The best way to find the perfect pieces for your fall wardrobe is by investing in smart transitional pieces that will last you all season long.
The most important thing is to make sure that you are warm and cozy. In a colder climate, a winter coat, a scarf, a hat and a pair of gloves are necessary pieces to own.
Women can also wear boots or footwear such as sneakers for a more sporty look. Fall also offers the chance to wear dark colors like navy blue or black.
Start your fall coat collection this season and celebrate warm and sunny days with these seven ways to wear autumn colors confidently.
1) Wearing a wide variety of colors in your outfits can be very beneficial when picking out the layers you want to wear underneath. This is especially important if you’re looking for a lighter version of these colors (e.g., tan and white or tan and orange). A dark blue vest and a tan top complement each other so well that you should consider wearing them together.
2) Blue jeans are a great complement to wear with a gray T-shirt. Because blue is a warm and earthy color, it can be worn well underneath everything from flannels to colorful socks.
3) Gray is technically a shade of blue, but you might try swapping it out for an off-white shirt if you’re looking for a lighter shade. It can also be a great layering color. A gray polo shirt with a lighter yellow V-neck can really boost your midsection and create a relaxed yet stylish look.
4) Powder blue is a super cool, yet subtle color that can be layered for a sophisticated look (as it’s on the lighter side compared to other colors).
5) In terms of layering color, black and yellow is a winning combination. A black middle length top with a yellow shawl gives you a sophisticated, yet coz look.
6) Try matching your blue outfit with a cream or creamy/beige color instead of a solid color. You can even add a crèmé shade to the top or bottom of your coat to achieve a fluffy grayish/beige look.
7) For shades of gray, you can always go with gold or black.
Conclusion: It's easier than you think to dress well this season! We've put together a list of five hacks that will help you look your best while taking up minimal time and effort.